mother's day: sunny sunday. 329.








wearing:
shirt - f21
jeans - habitual
shoes - cynthia vincent for target
leather jacket- goodwill
bangles - j. crew
gold bracelet - my great grandmother's
ring - f21
necklace - helene m.

today was all about mom. i started my day off running the portland sea dogs mother's day 5k! this was my first race ever and the first time i have probably ever run 3+ miles at one time. i finished in 32 minutes and 45 seconds and i can't tell you how proud i am of myself. the proceeds of this race go to breast cancer research in maine, so more than anything, i knew i was out there for a good cause. the rest of the day i spent with my mom. i saw my nana for a little bit and then my mom and i were off for a girl's day. we had lunch at sonny's, walked around the old port, and then spent the rest of the day and early evening just hanging out.

my outfit was paying homage to my mom when she was my age with a seventies inspired look. one of my goals with getting back in shape was to be able to fit into these jeans this spring. i do realize they are a little tight still, but i was so happy when i could get them on. i got them 3 years ago at the barney's warehouse sale and have loved them ever since. seeing as they are still a little too tight, i needed a top to wear over them, not tucked into them. since they are high waisted, it made for the perfect pairing with this wide, cropped striped top. i brought along this vintage cream colored leather jacket and to go along with my favorite things, i added an anchor. i wore my great grandmother's cold bracelet in honor of mother's day. i am one of few in my family who can get this on and off their wrist. that feels pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment