so day 2 was even a little hard. i do love the way this outfit looks, but it is not far from my 'uniform'. the shirt is sleeveless and that's the only way i can make it through the 85 degree temps at work.. i still love denim on denim. i think it is looks pulled together and fun. ankle length jeans with a gold strap on the shoe also makes this look a bit more sophisticated.
shirt // salvation army
jeans // urban outfitters
shoes // urban outfitters
hat // j. crew
coat // goodwill (the $5 i spent on this has gone a long way!)
tuesday // day 3.
this is the day where i tried to step it up a little this week. unfortunately, you can't see the cool black lace detail at the bottom of this and you probably can't tell that it is velvet, but it is. i dressed down what would normally be a LBD for evening with a flannel and a southwestern-ish necklace, and of course, the chucks help to dress anything down. festive, seasonal, and i won't die of heat stroke!
dress // vivienne tam (goodwill)
flannel // goodwill
necklace // gift
hat // target
shoes // converse
wednesday // day 4.
today was the first day i worked at the burlington mall, helping out a fellow merchandiser. i wasn't sure what the temperature at this store would be, but i chanced it and wore a pullover sweater! it definitely wasn't as hot as my store, but i still got pretty warm as the day went on. my sweater just happens to be from urban and i sold it to at least two customers while working there, so i guess i must be doing something right. i love the coloring and different textures. it is an easy sweater to wear, but the small details make it seem a bit more special. and as i once talked about before, here is another way to make a crop top work for just about anyone. this one is not just cropped but it is wide. the fact that it isn't tight and that i paired it with something high waisted, makes it flattering.
sweater // urban outfitters
shirt // urban outfitters
shorts // levis (made into cut offs myself)
hat // target
thursday // day 5.
well here it is folks! i went blonde.. all blonde! i am still in the whitening process (i don't know if that is a real thing. i made it up). but i have another appointment to go back and get the rest of the yellow out and make it more of a pure white. (the lighting in my apartment sure doesn't help either). it sure is a change, but once i reach the final color, i will have the hair color i have been dreaming of for years. and plus, it is just hair, so why not have some fun with it while i am still young. i am still young, right?
as for my outfit, i like to be subtly sexy and after just wearing jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers for awhile, this outfit felt really good. this dress comes with a detachable lining. i took it out, paired it with some high waisted jeans and a velvet bra top. i am showing just a tiny bit of skin, but when you don't feel the best about your body, this makes you feel like a supermodel.
dress // urban outfitters
sweater // obey
jeans // goodwill
socks // happy socks
shoes // urban outfitters
necklace // madewell
friday // day 6.
who has school spirit? i do! for the month of december, we have been doing district wide theme dress up days on friday and this week was 'black on black on black'. i took whatever black pieces i could that would go together and i wore them.
saturday // day 7.
so this is my shopping, what i wear under my coat outfit. its just an oversized flannel, some jeans and boots. we spent our saturday doing some christmas shopping. i just threw something on in the morning with the plan to change for the evening. with the snow, our plans changed and our evening turned into italian takeout, svu marathon, and pjs. this ended up being the best look of the day.
overall, it was a good week. i am starting to move away from my 'uniform' and have gone back to having fun getting dressed. i did learn a few things from going back over what i wore last week and this is what i am going for this coming week:
- limit the amount of times a wear a beanie all day. it is a must when outside because it is cold, but too many days this past week, i wore one all day. this may mean i will have to wash my hair more often, but so be it!
- i can only wear my patch ankle jeans from urban once this week (i would say none, but i need them for this friday's theme day). i have realized how desperately i need new jeans. in case anyone still needs gift ideas for me, i like high waisted, ankle length skinnies.
- i only tied something around my waist twice this past week.. pretty good for me when all i do is delayer and then layer again, all day!
- i also wore the same necklace a lot. this is something that is harder to move away from, seeing as i lost a lot of jewelry when our apartment was broken into, but i can still do better at it.
- and then there are the converse.. this one is hard because i carry heavy stuff up and down stairs all day, but..
- i also was reminded that blogging is hard. i hope to really get back into it and i admire the people who are able to do it on a regular basis.
so there you have it. week one is done! on to the next.