saturday: thoughts, inspirations, & other stuff.

so i am actually writing today's post from the beach. yeah, yeah, i know what you are thinking, tough life. but for me a saturday that both my boyfriend and i have off is rare. it makes me think i need to spend it running around getting "stuff" done to feel as though i have made it a productive day.
when terry asked if i wanted to go to the beach, i was a little bummed. we had talked about doing lots of somethings. not exactly sure what, but we weren't just going to lay around. since a friend of ours wanted to go, i went along with my rule of summer and said yes.

after about an hour laying on the beach, listening to the sound of the waves, smelling those summer smells, and feeling the hot sun on my skin, i knew this was the right choice. i am trying to learn to live in the moment and it is really hard. as i listened to my boyfriend ask what we were doing tonight, what we were doing about lunch, and many other questions about the future, i knew we both had a lot to learn. by being at the beach today, i am teaching my self a lesson. start living by the minute. not the day, not the week, not the month. yes, it's important to plan ahead, but when plans change, it's okay too. good things can also come from things not on your list of to-do's.

summer goes by fast, as does fall (not so much winter), so for today my to-do list can wait, but the sun and sand cannot. now i can say i went to the beach this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, my husband and I just went through this last night.. We had plans to do one thing and changed our minds at the last minute.. If being an army wife has taught me anything it's about being willing to adjust and change plans.. being flexible is a lesson continuing to be learned... glad you had such a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to the point in my life that I am comfortable with expecting the unexpected. You can make all the plans you want, but life tends to takes over in most circumstances. It's all good :) Love your blog btw. I read about your blog in the Bangor Daily. Congrats on that! I also have a fashion blog. You can visit it here >>http://laurasstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. meganne, i love the editorial posts on your blog. and of course, the before and after model photos! thanks for reading by blog!

    ReplyDelete