NYFW: recap day one

after looking at the shows from day one, a lot of the things we saw for spring have made their mark and are continuing into fall:
70s inspiration
wide legs
mid to floor length skirts
florals
tribal prints
things we saw for fall 2010 are back for 2011. sweater dressing is a major look, as well as sheer fabrics.
the major colors are browns, grays, and black, with just pops of color. this is a change from spring, where we saw a lot more color than we had in a while.
even though i want everything from steven alan, i wouldn't say it was my favorite show, it just embodies what i feel inside. for day one, bcbg was my favorite. it has a subtle sexy feeling. the strong lines and draping created a nice contrast. everything about felt fresh and very wearable.
if i know one thing for sure, you will not see this many post for the rest of fashion week, but i will share my favorites with you.
i must do something since my computer wont let me upload my outfit photos... i am working on fixing it..

No comments:

Post a Comment